Add Wild Cards
Add wild cards for a great poker variation. It spices things up, choose a rank such as any 2 or Jack. If you are dealt a wild card it can represent any other card in the deck.
In draw players can choose to discard a certain number of cards to receive the same number of cards from the dealer. Most draw games are simply a poker variation of the stud game. An example is
5 Card Draw Poker
- Deal 5 cards down to each player, followed by a betting round.
- Starting with the player to the left of the dealer, each player may draw up to 3 cards.
- After the draw there’s another betting round starting with the player to the left of the last raiser/better. Show, high hand wins.
A 7 card stud poker variation
Wild Cards: 3s & 9s
1) If a player is dealt a 3 up, then that player has to pay $0.50 or fold before another card is dealt.
2) If a player is dealt a 4 up, then that player gets an additional card dealt face up before the next player gets dealt to, if this card is also a 4 then that player gets an additional card dealt face up.
Take It Or Leave It
A 5 card stud poker variation
1) The game is dealt & played like st&ard 5 Stud, except that players have a choice on up-cards. The dealer shows the top card of the deck & asks the player, “take it, or leave it?” If the player takes it, then he gets that card & the dealer exposes the next card for the next player, otherwise he gets the next card on the deck & the same up-card is offered to the next player.
2) If, at the end of a dealing round, the top card is exposed, then bury it.
3) Each round of dealing up-cards should start one player further to the left then it did the last time. Down cards always start to the dealer’s left.
Jacks Or Better
A draw poker variation
The opening bet may only be made if that player has a pair of Jacks or better.
If no one opens the betting, the hand is declared over, the deal rotates to the left, players re-ante, & the game is re-deal.
But now players need a pair of Queens or better to open, then Kings, then Aces, & then back to Jacks.
The player that opened must show the openers before discarding the hand or at showdown. If the player that opened draws cards & discards one or more of the cards comprising the required openers, then that player must show the openers at time of draw.
- Each player puts an equal amount of chips, usually $1.00, into the pot.
- Deal 13 cards to each player.
- Each player makes 3 poker hands, a bottom, a middle, & a top. The bottom hand is made with 3 cards, & the other 2 hands are made of 5 cards. The order of hands for the bottom hand, from highest to lowest, is:
- High card
Additionally, the middle hand must be able to beat the bottom hand, & the top hand must be able to beat the middle hand.
- All players reveal their bottom hand, the highest hand wins 1/4 of the pot.
- All players then reveal their middle hand, the highest hand wins 1/2 of the pot.
- All players then reveal their top hand, the highest hand wins the last 1/4 of the pot.
A 7 card stud variation
- Each player takes the first card they were dealt, & without looking at it puts it on his forehead so that everyone else can see it.
- The rest of the game is dealt & played like st&ard 7 Stud, except the card on each player’s forehead is wild for him & is part of his hand
Indian Poker (Guts Style)
- Each player is dealt 1 card, which, without looking at it, they put on their foreheads so that all other players can see it.
- The dealer asks each player, starting with the player to the left, if he is “in or out.” If the dealer is the first to stay in, then the dealer asks everyone a second time.
- Show. High card takes the pot, everyone else who stayed in matches the pot.
- Deal rotates.
If a player is dealt an up-card that matches in rank with another up-card in his hand (i.e. pairs up), then he has to match pot or fold. An interesting poker variation www.w884u.com.
Two Of Three
In order to win the pot, a player must have (at one time) any two out of the following three:
- high hand
- high spade (up or down)
- low spade (up or down).
If no player has two of the three at showdown, then the game is re-dealt, & any players who folded are not dealt in.